The latest School Principal’s letter is now posted on the Newsletters page and the latest school events scheduled for August are posted on the home page events. We are excited about this coming school year.
The 2018-19 calendar and updated Preschool and K-8 Handbooks are now available in Documents. The school Dress Code is also set aside for easy access.
- Technology Upgrades: We’ll be significantly upgrading our internet speed to the school this summer and adding student Chrome Books for our 4th thru 8th grade students. Software tools and storage will be cloud based offering backup and enhanced access. Other classes will see technology upgrades also.
- Playground Shade Project: Bids are out and the project is moving forward.
- School Safety: We successfully completed School Lockdown and Church Evacuation Drills. The principal participated in a School Safety Seminar presented by a former FBI agent and Certified Protection Specialist.
- Enchanted Evening Success: Many thanks and deep appreciation to Fr. Kieran and the SJV staff Their event raised approximately $42,000. Half the money will be spent on Teacher Wish Lists Items such as Chrome Books and document cameras. The rest of the money will go to support children and programs for preschool through 8th grade. A BIG thank you from all of us.
- Summer School: Title 1 Summer school for 1-4 Reading (Kelly Burgett) and 4-8 Math (Ali Galley) will take place June 1st through 15th. Students will get a math or reading program and login to continue summer work beyond summer school program. These are by invitation only, however if you feel your child could use these courses contact the school. Mr. Burgett is also doing a Science Summer Club with a Biology emphasis.
The April 2018 principal’s newsletter has been posted
A letter describing the K-8 tuition increase has been posted. The goal is to provide for a variety of improvements with minimal impact on student families. Any questions should be directed to the school administration. Here to View.